Richard Bury’s work practice & qualifications
I have been involved in Counselling for over 30 years.
I hold a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Dublin City University (DCU). I also hold a Diploma in Counselling, Psychology and Therapy. I read English, History and Philosophy at Trinity College Dublin (BA, MA).
I have Training Certificates for Imago Couples Therapy, Teen Counselling, Brief Solution Focused Therapy and Suicide ASSIST.
I run Stress Control Classes (Glasgow Steps) for the general public from time to time.
I regularly talk about counselling topics on East Coast Radio.
Professionally, I am an Accredited Member of Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) and currently I a member and was former Chairman of IACP’s Dublin Regional Committee.
Comfort, Privacy, Confidentiality
My private practice is based in my house near Ashford in County Wicklow about 10 minutes from the M11 by car. It is a pleasant private location where both privacy and confidentiality are assured.
Other Qualifications & Roles
As well as a private practitioner, Richard Bury is:
- an Affiliate Counsellor with Relationships Ireland and Teen Between;
- an Affiliate Counsellor with Optum/PPC/VHI;
- an Affiliate Counsellor with Carecall (Employee Assistance DOES);
- an Affiliate Counsellor with EAP Consultants, Dublin;
- Registered with Laya Health insurance for child counselling;
- an Affiliate Counsellor with Wicklow and Arklow Cancer Support Services.
I work in an integrative way with clients, applying appropriate therapy models to individual circumstances. My professional training includes the following disciplines:
- Person Centred Therapy;
- Couples and Relationships Therapy;
- Suicide Intervention Therapy (CAMS and ASSIST);
- Teen Between (Young People’s Therapy);
- Solution Focused Therapy;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy;
- Psychodynamic Therapy;
- Family Systems Therapy;
- Emotion Focused Therapy.